VISI/ONE is the world's leading company in price labeling systems. Since our foundation in 1998, our products have become today's global standard for more than 40 automotive brands in over 70 countries. We believe in simple, high-quality products that have been developed to perfection. We believe in products that are of inspiring design and quality, surprising our customers with new ideas and unexpected solutions.
Our combined cloud software and hardware product solution "CSI - CarSales Intelligence" (IoT) is the world's first product solution for digital pricing for automotive brands. With CSI pricing, automotive dealerships can update digital price boards inside cars wirelessly and from anywhere. This game-changing product innovation not only eliminates the inconvenience and inefficiency of traditional paper-based solutions, but also creates entirely new and innovative opportunities to increase dealership profits.
As a DevOps Engineer at VISI/ONE, you will be part of our Team and you focus on improving the instrumentation and resiliency of our systems. You build the bridge between the agile development team and the IT.
At VISI/ONE, you will join our team of highly skilled and motivated technical and non-technical subject matter experts, who are more than passionate about their jobs. Working in an extremely agile and open-minded environment that brings together ideas, knowledge and brilliant minds, we are always looking for opportunities to grow. Together with you, we want to take digital pricing for automotive retailers to the next level. Our goal is nothing less than the development of a product which will revolutionize the way automotive dealerships sell cars and set standards on a global scale.
At VISI/ONE, we don’t assess applicants based on standard lists, but based on their potential. The following will provide you with some orientation:
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the day to day operation of systems and infrastructure powering our development and the operations teams: ensuring system reliability, efficiency, capacity and continuity.
- Take ownership of our development lifecycle automation toolchain and our cloud infrastructure.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our complex application architecture.
- Actively support the development team with the necessary tooling to improve. productivity, stability and security.
- Help development team to cluster and scale all application components.
- Identify, evaluate and evangelize new technology and approaches.
- You take on diverse technical problems and work on tasks that enable you to continuously learn new things.
- Work with the team on complex, multifaceted problems while bridging cultural, geographic and organizational gaps.
- Living DevOps as part of the development team.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s / master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences or related fields. Dropouts with a convincing story about the before, why and after are also welcome.
- Full-Stack knowledge with deep understanding of DevOps and a good knowledge of design patterns, system architecture, and best-practices.
- Practical cloud experience, preferably Heroku.
- Deep knowledge of Linux operating system (particularly Debian based).
- Solid experience with Git/Github.
- Professional practical knowledge with CI/CD tools.
- Strong knowledge in scripting languages like Bash.
- Experience with Package Management Systems like npm and nvm.
- Experience with standard monitoring Tools (AWS Cloudwatch, PM2, Logging/Logging Platforms).
- Experience with distributed streaming platforms (ideally Apache Kafka, MQTT).
- Extensive expertise in managing PostgreSQL.
- Strong team working and communication skills, be hands-on and always maintain a can-do attitude.
- Thorough understanding of configuration management concepts.
- Approach troubleshooting systematically and have a deep sense of ownership for whatever you work on.
- Ability to work transparently and collaboratively with other technical team members, high standards in terms of creating clean structures and valuable documentation.
- You are passionate about mentoring and sharing knowledge.
- You have good communications skills in English and German would be cool, but hey nobody is perfect.
- We are easily impressed by your unusual hobbies, competitive sports or your activities to make the world a better place, and we would love to hear about them.
What we have to offer:
- International team of passionate tech enthusiasts with great team spirit and hands-on mentality.
- Outstanding career opportunities in a growth oriented environment.
- Continuous development of skills and knowledge.
- Startup feeling at a global Market Leader, and a lot of fun at various team events.
- Opportunity to dive into virtual reality with our office’s VR equipment.
- Attractive office location in the heart of Berlin.
- Attractive payment structure.
- Last, but not least: beverages, organic fruits and delicious sweets at work – enjoy!
We look forward to your application!